Gowen Field is a military installation, which requires Boise State employees and students to submit to a security check before being granted access to the base.
International students attending Boise State classes at the Gowen Field site must schedule an appointment with the Gowen Field Pass and Registration Office at least ten (10) business days prior to the beginning of the semester. International students will need to provide legible copies of their passport, visa and I-20. International students must call the Gowen Field Pass and Registration Office at (208) 422-5367 to schedule their appointment.
Students with a Military ID are able to access Gowen Field for their Boise State classes without submitting the Security Check Form. Military ID holders are asked to advise the Boise State Gowen Field site coordinator of their military status (member, dependent or retired) prior to the start of the semester.
Prior to the start of the classes:
- Please complete and submit the Gowen Field Security Check Form (online form opens in new tab)
- If you are driving a vehicle that is not registered under your name and don’t have a power of attorney or a notarized statement grating you permission to drive the vehicle, the owner must complete this Temporary Use Authorization Form (PDF opens in new tab) and have it notarized. Note: The Dean of Students’ office provides free Notary services for students.
- After the Gowen Field Pass and Registration Office has processed the Security Check Form, you will be notified via their Bronco email that the Gowen Field base pass is ready for pick up.
- Pick-up your pass! Proceed to the Gowen Field Pass and Registration Office, located at the front gate of Gowen Field, to pick up your base pass. The Gowen Field Pass and Registration Office hours are 7 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and Noon-4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Bring the following unexpired documents with you when you pick up your pass:
- Government-issued photo identification card – current driver’s license for vehicle operator passes
- Vehicle registration for the vehicle(s) listed on the Security Check Form
- Proof of insurance for the vehicle(s) listed on the Security Check Form
- If you will be driving a vehicle that is not registered in your name, you must bring a notarized authorization letter allowing you to operate the vehicle(s) listed on the Security Check Form on Gowen Field